A well designed website provides much more than asthetics. It provides a mechanism to promote your business, brand and products.
To summarize the process, it can be broken down into 7 steps:
- Requirements gathering: in this phase of the design process we work with you to flush out the requirements for the project to fulfill your goals.
- Scope definition: once we know your goals for the website, we can define the scope of the project. i.e., what pages and features the site requires to fulfill your goals, and the timeline for building those out.
- Sitemap creation: with the well-defined scope in hand, its time to identify the sitemap. This will define how the pages in the well-defined scope will interrelate.
- Content creation: now that we have a rough framework for your site, it’s time to create the content for the individual pages, always keeping SEO in mind.
- Visual components: now that we have site architecture and some content that we’ve generated together, it’s time to start working on the visual components of the website. We will provide visual mockups for you to review every step of the way.
- Testing: At this point in the process we have all you site page in place, and content generated. Now it’s time to test how it will look to your end-users. The testing will be performed on multiple devices of various sizes (desktop, tablet, mobile) to ensure proper functionality.
- Deployment: this is our favorite part of the design process, the moment when your site goes live! Of course, before that happens we will coordinate with you both the launch timing and communication strategies – i.e., when will you launch and how will we let the world know about it? After that, it’s time to crack the champagne bottle!